There’s more to Yoga than downward-facing-dog.
Yoga is so much more than the physical asana practice that dominates the “yoga industry”. For thousands of years, the teachings and practices of Yoga were about the inner journey, about the transformation of our consciousness. In this course, David Harshada Wagner brings his 30 years of practice and more than 20 years of teaching together to initiate modern seekers into the ancient path of Inner Yoga.
Over the course of 9 weeks, you will learn the core teachings and practice the core practices of Inner Yoga in the direct, easy-to-digest, down-to-earth manner David Harshada Wagner is famous for. Each week will feature a multi-media training session with a video introduction, written lesson, and guided meditation audio just for you. The training session will also include personal practice instructions for the week along with other simple but powerful homework assignments. If you choose to really go for it, you will get a deep immersion experience of Inner Yoga and be empowered to go deeper with any of the core practices.
The practices covered in the course include:
- Dhyana – Meditation. David will teach you his “open secrets” to deep meditation and make the practice both effective and enjoyable. Each week will include a guided meditation audio featuring a different technique to practice and learn.
- Pranayama – Yogic breathwork. The Immersion includes a bonus guided pranayama audio and students are encouraged to practice a simple pranayama every day during the training.
- Mantra – Sacred syllables, and the power of language. You’ll learn about Matrika Shakti, and learn how the our minds get bound in unhelpful self-talk and also learn the deep essence of mantra practice.
- Atma Vichara – Self Inquiry. You’ll learn how to make your mind your friend and how to look under the hood of your own “motivational engine” and take command over the way you think and how your mind controls you.
- Swadhyaya – Sacred Study. We will examine core teachings from the scriptural tradition of Inner Yoga as well as sacred poetry and words spoken by masters to learn how to “unpack” teachings from their original sources and get the most out of the practice of sacred study.
- Namasankirtana – Chanting. You will learn the origins of the practice of “kirtan” and learn how to approach the practice of musical chanting of mantras as a powerful, heart-opening, transformational Yoga that is beyond a mere “party practice”.
- Bhavana – Working with our feelings, attitudes and states of being. You’ll learn this advanced Inner Yoga practice and learn to be the master of your own heart and understand how to work with all feelings, including your dark and difficult ones. Bhavana is a very powerful practice.
- Tapasya – Advanced and Austere Practice. The course dedicates a whole week to help you learn how to ratchet up the intensity of your practice without becoming overwhelmed or doing it from an ego-driven place. Learn how to do longer sessions, practice intense solo retreats, and work with spiritual teachers in an effective and safe way.
- Sahaja Samadhi – Living Meditation. This is the practice of being immersed in the experience and state of Inner Yoga while you go about your life in an ordinary manner. Learn how to walk, talk, love and serve in a state of absorption and deep connectedness.
This course is for people who really want to get a solid grounding in Inner Yoga and who are ready to dive in fully and get the most out of a distance training.
You will get:
- 9 Multimedia training modules.
- 9 Guided meditation audio recordings.
- 9 Weeks of intensive practice.
- A 9 week practice calendar.
- Two Bonus Audio Programs.
- A one-on-one 50 minute session with a senior Inner Yoga teacher under the guidance of David H. Wagner.
- Participation in a vibrant online community of Inner Yoga members.
- Discounts and priority enrollment in other courses and events.
Get started now!
David Harshada Wagner is a teacher, pastor, author, and dad who has been teaching meditation, self-empowerment, and practical spirituality to people all over the world in all kinds of venues for more than 25 years. Classically trained in the Indian wisdom traditions, his teachings come from his decades of personal transformation and his experience serving others to find their authentic path to deep happiness. He has been clean and sober for more than 30 years and has vast experience working with addicts, alcoholics, and helping people do deep turnarounds in their life. David is a master trainer, a proud father of 2, a featured teacher on Glo.com, and is currently authoring a book based on the Bhagavad Gita.